Join the nation and thank a Vietnam veteran for service to our nation. This service will recognize all U.S. Armed Forces personnel with active duty service between November 1, 1955 to May 15, 1975, regardless of location of service.
Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day on March 23 will feature:
• Vietnam Veteran Lapel Pinning and Gold Star Family tribute
• A salute to military war dogs and their handlers
• Bureau Chief for Vietnam Veterans of America (Bay Pines VA Headquarters)
• The Last Patrol living history war reenactment
• Sgt. Walter P. Ryan Detachment, Marine Corps League rifle salute, and playing of taps
• Authentic cuisine from the non-profit Vietnamese Community of Tampa Bay, Inc. and hot dogs courtesy of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8108
The Vietnam War Memorial at Tampa’s Veterans Memorial Park is also home to a pair of famous U.S. Army helicopters. The American Bell UH-1 Huey and AH-1 Cobra represent the Vietnam era in one of the most prolific showcases in the region. Daily park hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.