In 2020, Greater Riverview Chamber of Commerce (GRCC) rediscovered, reimagined, and celebrated the successes of the year and worked hand in hand with the community to conquer the challenges. With a new strategic plan, GRCC is here to drive economic development and community involvement, creating a vibrant and prosperous future.
Our values include Inclusion and Diversity, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork and Fun.
The Greater Riverview Chamber of Commerce mission is to provide a forum which enriches community diversity and inclusion while promoting and enhancing economic sustainability.
GRCC tackled COVID-19 head on with strong leadership, adaptability, and creativity. Even during uncertain times, we were able to develop many great initiatives. Here are a few numbers to recap 2020 within the GRCC:
• 119 new members.
• 34 ribbon cuttings and 17 grand openings to celebrate our businesses’ achievements and recognize the economic development in the Riverview community.
• 33 educational webinars that highlighted elected officials, members helping members, and information regarding the various financial assistance programs.
• Established the Dr. Earl Lennard Scholarship Program in partnership with the Riverview Women’s Club to provide four (4) $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school students.
• Created the South Hillsborough Restaurants Facebook page for South Hillsborough businesses to have a forum to promote their business and residents to place good reviews and ask for recommendations. This page has 1,800 members and counting.
• As the COVID-19 pandemic took its toll on the community, GRCC shifted focus to virtual events to keep opportunities open for members to connect with fellow members and build stronger relationships.
• GRCC staff, board of directors, and ambassadors organized and published a video to thank all the frontline workers and medical professionals for their hard work during a global pandemic.
• Created and developed a COVID-19 Task Force to ensure safety within the GRCC and to help keep our businesses open and to keep our staff safe.
• Created and published an easily accessible specific directory listing of members who offered delivery and takeout for members to use while in quarantine.
• Reimagined our annual Taste of GRCC event by creating a Taste of GRCC Facebook group to help promote our food and beverage businesses. GRCC was able to give away over $2000 in door prizes and support 71 businesses.
• Launched a “rediscover, innovate and celebrate” tag to the GRCC logo to promote strength and adaptability within our chamber and the community.
• Developed 3 brand new events that promoted networking and relationship building for members and their businesses. These events include TurboChatter NetworkNite, Happy Hour and Munch & Mingle. CDC guidelines were put in place to keep attendees safe and healthy.
• Reimagined our annual Teaching to Excellence event and successfully supported all 28 local Riverview public and charter schools. This effort supported our local Riverview teachers and students.
• Hosted a reimagined Political Forum via Zoom with over 700 views featuring 15 candidates. These sessions helped our businesses decide which candidates were there to support their future and goals best.
• Invited Jay Handler from Membership 101 to help increase member retention
Promoted Resiliency 101: How to Protect Your Business for our sister chamber, South Tampa Chamber of Commerce
• Partnered with other chambers to offer Candidate Training in Hillsborough County.
The Greater Riverview Chamber of Commerce looks forward to working together with membership in 2021 to keep building upon these achievements and to further solidify the organization as an economic development engine in the community.