HCA Florida Brandon Hospital recognized with 22 quality awards from Healthgrades
BRANDON, FLA. (Oct. 25, 2022) - HCA Florida Brandon Hospital has been recognized by Healthgrades, the leading marketplace connecting doctors and patients, with 22 quality achievement awards. These recognitions reflect Brandon Hospital’s dedication to delivering better-than-expected clinical outcomes and distinguishes Brandon Hospital as one of the nation’s leading hospitals for specialty care.
“Brandon Hospital is committed to providing safe, high-quality care to its community,” said Tripp Owings, chief executive officer at Brandon Hospital. “These awards reflect on that commitment as well as the dedication and contributions of our hospital staff.”
Brandon Hospital’s 2023 quality awards from Healthgrades include:
- Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™ for 3 Years in a Row (2021-2023)
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery™ for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Defibrillator Procedures in 2023
- Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures in 2023
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure in 2023
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Critical Care in 2023
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2023 Critical Care Excellence Award™
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 5 Years in a Row (2019-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Back Surgery for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Spine Surgery for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2023
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Spine Surgery Excellence Award™ for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Named Among the Top 10% of Hospitals in the Nation for Surgical Care in 2023
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2023 Surgical Care Excellence Award™
Consumers can visit Healthgrades.com to learn more about how Healthgrades measures hospital quality and access a patient-friendly overview of the complete methodology here.
# # #
About HCA Florida Brandon Hospital
Accredited by The Joint Commission, HCA Florida Brandon Hospital is a 436-bed acute care facility that is nationally ranked as a Top 100 Hospital by IBM Watson. The hospital offers a number of specialty services including a Heart and Vascular Center of Excellence, Children’s Emergency Center, Burn and Plastic Surgery Center, Weight Loss Surgery Center of Excellence, Comprehensive Stroke Center, and The Women’s Center, which includes the baby suites and Level III neonatal intensive care units. Additional services include an orthopedic program, comprehensive hand program, and lymphedema surgery. The hospital’s ER is one of the busiest in the state, with adult and children’s centers on its main campus and five additional emergency locations in Lakeland, New Tampa, Plant City, Riverview and Temple Terrace. The hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive in Brandon, FL. For more information, visit HCAFloridaBrandonHospital.com.
Healthgrades is dedicated to empowering stronger and more meaningful connections between patients and healthcare professionals. As the #1 platform for finding a doctor and as a leader in healthcare transparency, we help millions of consumers each month find and schedule appointments with their healthcare professional of choice and prepare for their appointments with best-in-class, treatment-focused content.
Our health system, healthcare professional, and life sciences marketing solutions have been helping our partners reach and engage consumers who are on their way to the doctor for over 20 years.
Start your search for the right care at healthgrades.com.
- Five-Star Recipient for Peripheral Vascular Bypass in 2023